Owl Class - EYFS 2023 - 2024
As we enter into our second half term we begin to think of all that sparkles as Christmas is on its way.
Nursery children will continue to exploring a range of texts with this half term seeing them enjoying Owl Babies, Can’t you sleep little Bear, Lost and Found and Twinkl Twinkl little star.
Reception will be moving on to discover the wonders of The Star in the Jar by Sam Haye and explore the texts Tiny Little Rocket, A Pocket Full of Space Poems, The Lost Stars and Beegu to support their comprehension of stories and poems. We look forward to another visit to the mobile library to choose more books to enjoy at home and share with others.
As our Reception children now move into phase three phonics we would like to continue to thank you for your support with your child’s home learning. Just 5 to 10 minutes reading a day can make a huge difference in your child’s schooling through their early years and beyond. You can find lots more information to support learning at home in our home learning section.
In maths, our nursery children continue to explore number through rhymes and stories, recognise numbers of significance and explore shape within their environment. Our Reception children are moving on to look at the parts needed to make numbers up to five and spacial awareness.
Within our wider curriculum we are learning about more celebrations that fall within this time of year including Diwali, Remembrance, Hannukkah and Christmas. We will be exploring our feelings and the strategies we can use when we feel all mixed up in our PSHE lessons, designing with clay and junk modeling in Design and Technology, using Beebots in Computing and discovering the story of the birth of Jesus and why he was so special in RE.
Forest school will see our children observe the changes from Autumn to Winter, make nature art, whitle stick gnomes and something we know the children are very excited for, we are going to light a fire.
Key Information for Autumn Term
- Please label all clothing to avoid the loss of property.
- Children should wear full uniform and black school shoes each day (unless it is a PE or forest school day).
- Our PE sessions will be on a Monday and Thursday. Children are required to wear their full PE kit to school with sensible trainers on these days.
- Children should bring a water bottle everyday. Please can we ask children bring water only.
- Children do not need to bring pencil cases or other personal items to school.
- On Friday's for forest school please bring your child into school in some old clothes that you do not mind getting muddy. Please also put a spare set of clothes in their bag incase they get wet or cold.
To find out more about who will be teaching the class click on our Meet the Team page.
Any questions we are always available at the end of the school day.
Mrs Hidalgo and Mr Roberts